ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:07 PM

Default Searching for a Surgeon in KY/IN area

I'm looking for a surgeon that is open minded in ADR in the Louisville KY area. Not at Leatherman Spine Center. That is where I currently go and my Dr is suggesting a 3rd Discectemy... I need a second opinion. I have called prodisc and I'm waiting for a list of Drs that are trained in the lumbar procedure in the KY and IN area at least to go see, but I'm trying to get that second opinion as soon as possible.

Dr Majd is also out, he will not even discuss the possibility of ADR with anyone since Nortons will not perform the surgery due to insurance not paying. And I won't see him for a general second opinion since he's out of network and I've met my deductable, so I'm looking for some suggestions that I can see if they are in my network.
MRI May 5th - showed "moderate sizd protruding disk in the the left paracentral location at the L4-5 level which appears to a more porminent comparison to the prior examination" and "appears to impinge upon the exiting nerve root"
May 11th Dr Apptment - Told that another Discsectemy could be done.

Looking for Surgeon for second Opinion
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 PM

Default Surgeons

Although you mentioned the Prodisc, I am extremely happy with Dr. Bradford Mullin in Columbus Ohio. I believe he only uses the Charite. My results have exceeded my pre-op expectations. I'm at 4 months and doing great with minimal residual pain.

Be open-minded about the hardware, there are positives and negatives with each device.
PT, ESI, SI jt injections, 3-level nerve root inj. x 2
Massage, heat, ice, TENS, etc
L5-S1 Charite Jan. 19th, 2009, very happy w/decision
New back pain in upper back though.