ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM

Exclamation The moment of truth

Today the impossible happened. I was approved for three-level adr-fusion-adr hybrid surgery. The fusion element was added to the mixed only very recently. Problem is that after thinking about it I do not want the fusion. I'd rather have 3 discs. Yes I know that sounds terribly spoiled. But is it delusional? Was I approved because of the fusion component? Will I risk it all by asking the surgeon to resubmit the request as an all adr operation? Is it a better strategy to request two-level adr then go back for the third later on?
I actually don't have much time to work it out becasue my insurance runs out in three weeks!!!! I desperately need to consult with someone that can give me some advice. I've been waiting for this for two years and I don't want to screw it up or to end up with the very surgery I've waited this long in order to avoid. Aaaahhhh!

Frank

Last edited by Harrison; 08-17-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Deleted email address; please use this forum or private messaging
Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 PM

Frank,

I've thought about this on and off all day. I don't know what the best course of action would be, but can tell you this; that's a great problem to have!

Please keep us posted, and good luck!

Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Frank, what's your latest? Also, what levels are you talking again?

(Signature would be nice; see Tip for the Day....)

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 09-12-2010, 12:49 AM

Default Can we use your approval?

Hi Frank -
Hopefully you've come to a decision and had surgery and are feeling much better already. I have 3 Pro-DiscC's myself and happen to love them!
I was blown away by your post! And I'm wondering... there are many of us out here whose insurance companies have denied us prior to, during and after surgery. Would you be adverse to letting us know the name of the company and the particulars such as date and your initials so that we can use it in our own appeals? This kind of information is as rare and precious as gold.
Thanking you in advance and sending healing energies your way.
Lauren
Fall 2009 return of symptoms
Jan 29 2010: 3 level ADR in Bogen Germany by Dr. Bertagnoli -C3/4, C4/5, C6/7 with hardware removal