ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:51 PM

Default Adr

Thx Mia! I should be speaking with mr dare soon! Do u know how many m6s he's done? How tough was it after surgery to not Bend or twist? And how long til u could tie your shoes and put on your clothes shower etc?? Thx again
Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 PM

Default Adr

Hi B
Sorry I don't know how meany he's done as crazy as will seem to you it wasn't a question I asked, I was in so much pain that I really didn't care what was going in to my back and the fact that admired Mr Dare not only as surgeon but as a person.,If he'd told me it was going to be the first one he'd done I'd still have gone with him.
I never had any problems bending or twisting with my back but bending and twisting was uncomfortable for a while in my tummy, I'd say I took things really easy for three or so weeks. I wore pjs most of the time as jeans were a bit uncomfortable around the wound, I was given a water proof dressing so you can shower as soon as you feel up to it. Mia
November 2011 L5/S1 Disc replaced with M6
Old 06-01-2013, 04:23 AM

Default Adr

Thx Mia. So how was the pain in the beginning and how did u get dressed?? I'm trying to imagine this but just can't!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:54 PM

Default Adr

No need to thank me it's my pleasure, in hospital I wore a night dress which had buttons from top to bottom which made it easy to get dressed and un dressed, once I got home I wore track suit bottoms and tea shirts I really don't remember dressing causing pain just very tender in the tummy. Thinking back I was quit cautious when moving because I couldn't believe how the pain had gone and really didn't want to do any thing that may make it hurt. I do remember putting sox on I think during the first week post op and never had any difficulty which was something that had been painful for such a long time. As for the pain I had a morphine drip for the first couple of days which I took full advantage of. Then I'm sure it was just paracetomal for a short while. But the pain post op was nothing compared to the pain pre op I looked at it as healing pain and in my case that's what it was. Mia
Old 06-01-2013, 02:06 PM

This is all such good news. I leave for Barcelona in the morning and my op is Wednesday. My mind is on packing and making sure everything is sorted house wise. Gotta say tho it's also on my mind a lot as everything I do hurts so much and I'm sure the stress is exacerbating it all.

Thank goodness for hubby, Valium, lortab and fentanyl patches lol!!!

Mia et al, it's nice to know that one can get ones life back, this has been going on for so long now and only getting worse that I really felt there was no hope.

Thinking I could be skiing and hiking again in a few years seems unbelievable. Thanx for all your answers here, it helps no end.
2008 MRI L4/5 annular tear
2009 MRI L3/4 extruded fragment/bulge/fibrosis/tear Laminectomy L3/4
2010 MRI L3/4 protrusion/extruded L4/5 bulge/protrusion
2011 MRI L3/4 bulge/annular fissure L4/5 bulge/annular fissure L5/S1 bulge
2012 MRI L3/4 protrusion L4/5 bulge Nerve Block L3/4/5
6/5/13 L3/L4/L5/S1 Dr Clavel NO MORE BACK PAIN
Old 06-01-2013, 02:31 PM

Default Adr

Hi SonjaB
I'm really so pleased that my posts have been some help to you. I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday and I'm really hoping your recovery mirrors mine.
Best wishes Mia
Old 06-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Default Adr

Mia did u have any new pain like sciatica or distraction pain that I keep hearing about? Also how bad was ur disc before removal and what were symptoms??
Old 06-01-2013, 09:04 PM

Default Over a year and going super with 3 M6's

Hi,

I had a 3 level lumbar with M-6 L2-L5 3/14/12 with Dr. Clavel in Barcelona. I am currently feeling fantastic. I am back to working out, a little running, not like my triathlon days yet. But I am pain free most of the time. Rarely need anything anymore.

I wish you the best! I only wish i had done it sooner.

Laurie
2009-facet inj, radiograph ablation, SI joint injections, cryoablation stubborn no relief
2010-retired d/t pain. more injections
2011-IDET of L3-L5. Pain unchanged, up 50 lbs!
2011-Lumbar ADR recommended by Ortho and 2 neuros. In appeals w/ins. May choose Europe for M6
Need to lose lbs
Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 PM

Default Adr

Thx for all the replies. So what type of exercise are you guys doing at the gym on top of the leisure activities?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:02 AM

Default Adr

I'd love to see a short video of someone doing different exercises, stretches, activities etc post surgery and a shot of the scar also!!! This would be the deal closer for me