ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:45 PM

hey everone... I'm 4 weeks post op and had 2 Activ-L's separated by a Pro-Disc at S1/L5, L5/L4, and L4/L3. Everything went great and I was up walking the halls within 12 hours of the surgery. I'm now doing physical therapy augmented by trips to the gym for stationary bike, lots of stretching, and some upper body work on the Cybex machines that I can safely use.

My journey to Germany and Dr. Bertagnoli at Pro-Spine started with Dr. Rolando Garcia in Florida and progressed to Dr. Jim Yue at Yale.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Congrats, glad you are doing well.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:29 PM

It sounds as if you're making huge progress Doug G just try and not do too much. Try and break things down into small portions
Best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 09-21-2006, 02:31 PM

Hey Doug, I'm new here and I just read your message from March 7th. Congratulations on your surgery. I hope all is still going well. I am researching the ADR (Prodisc & Maverick). I herniated L4, L5 a year ago August. Since then I have had two discectomies and now needd a fusion. I about can't stand the pain, but the thought of having another fusion(I hd L5, S1 fused ten years ago) scares the crap out of me. My surgeon does not do ADRs. You mentioned that you first saw Dr. Garcia who is somewhere here in Florida, then to Dr. Yue, and finally Dr. Bertagnoli in Germany. Could you give me a bit more information? However, I am a work comp patient, so I don't know if I have the same possibilities as you did. Hope all is still going well.
*Curr