ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Indeed, this is tricky stuff to figure out. It requires a lot of research, an open mind and an incredible amount of energy. Here are a few patients that suffered with chronic spine problems, but figured things out -- see the Lymenet Discussion Post here.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 09-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Ray,
I had multi level degeneration in my c-spine and i was also diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever back in June of this year. My question is and have to wonder exactly how long have i had this infectious bacteria in my body. Rickettsia rickettsii can cause havoc on the joints and nervous system. My doctor put me on a round of antibiotics to treat the symptoms but what about the real underlying problem with the infectious bacteria still floating around in the bloodstream?. I could have had RMSF some time back and never knew. The bottom line is treating this infectious bacteria and getting rid of it once and for all. Doxycycolyne will not rid your body of Rickettsia Rickettsii bacteria on its own. I am particulary interested in the Marshall Protocol therapy that is taken in a series of three different phases over time to rid the body of these nasty pathogens. This protocol takes a lot of time and effort,but if it works i personally feel it would be worth it. JF110
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 PM

I too have reactive arthritis, possibly from dysentery (I know I had it in the service) or maybe lyme (one positive test and 1 negative test in aobut 1988). I am very interested in the Marshall program or anything that would work (if it is indeed possible to get the little buggers out of our system) but the Marshall Plan website is a mess. I would think a good program would have a good website, not some hodgepodge like theirs. I've spent an hour or so on it and can barely figure out what the plan might be....Unless there is somebetter place to get an overview of their plan.

3 level DDD L5-S1 through L3-L4.
"Compressed" L5-S1 in ~1992.
Herniation at L3-L4 and L4-L5
Fusion or ADR in near future
Old 09-20-2007, 02:44 PM

Don,
I have to agree with you on there web site. It can get confusing. They are some people that have gone through the Protocol with great success. I have exhausted all other avenues to treat this problem. Infectious bacteria disease is a serious problem and very hard to get rid of. Most doctors are clueless on this subject and do not seem to know how to treat this. There could be several people on this web site who are having degenerative changes in there spine AND joint issues that are specifically related to infectious bacteria. JF110
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Guys,

I agree that the Marshall Protocol site is a bit unwieldy (a bit like this one), as there are thousands of pages of content. The size of their site has much to do with the staggering number of sick people in this country. For example, consider this:

- According to ILADS, there are 200-250,000 new cases of Lyme disease each year, with many of these patients left undiagnosed or untreated. Hence, there is large demand for the effective treatment of Lyme disease afflicting millions of people in the U.S. (yes, I said millions!).

- It doesn’t stop there. If one uses reputable sources to compute the number of people with some kind of chronic inflammatory condition, it approaches 100 million people in this country alone. No wonder the pharmaceutical companies are doing well here in the U.S.! It’s like shooting fish in a barrel!

So, perhaps these in part explain the size and unwieldiness of their site. That said, it is a wee bit confusing, so here’s a helpful overview topic of the MP: http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/364.html

I’ve studied this protocol for some time, and have witnessed a small group of people return to a life of function and normalcy. Many have seen dramatic (and sometime odd) changes and improvements – including the disappearance of back pain!

JF, I believe your assessment is correct – there probably are many folks here that have systemic infections with intracellular bacteria (refer back to the evidence within attached documents). But these tiny bugs are very difficult to “find” without the proper diagnostic testing, as you may have figured out. As well, for some reason, people don’t like to talk about it – it’s probably too complex or upsetting among other things. So thanks for bringing it up!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate