ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

Am I imagining things or was this thread moved from Arthroplasty Central to the Big Bucket?
Old 12-11-2005, 12:48 PM

I needed the search tool to find threads I was reading this AM, your not mistaken Mark. I guess the FDA nature takes the cake over new technology.

Thanks for finding out more info on the Activ-L Study. Does anyone know the configuation of the prong/spike endplate? From what David said he was looking at March to be in the study. Dr D has said to me several times �that they don�t have to have a meeting�, I thought this was wired but maybe this is like the question posted by Maria- 510k approval process.

As all these post have ended up in the Big Bucket. I am beginning to see some similarity here.

BLW great discussion on revision, something I hope and pray I will never have to face especially with a ProDisc. I was under the impression that fusion took place over the top of the ProDisc because of the difficulties getting out the endplates. But how is the bone going to grow together if the medal end plates are in the way.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 12-11-2005, 01:21 PM

Mark,
According to Dr Yue, they expect the pro disk to be approved Feb 2006 and Activ-L trials will start 90 days later. I'm interested in this thread since I have elected to be a candidate. May won't work for me with my job so I'm hoping I can put off my surgery until September, as long as my back can hang in...

Ann F
Old 12-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Banned

Ann... Dr. Yue doesn't have a better crystal ball than anyone else... what is expected may happen, but????

Paulette... you are correct... often, revisions of ADR's are posterior instrumentation, leaving ADR in place as a fancy 'interbody spacer'.

I hope we get an answer about location of this thread. This is a very important question... was this thread about an arthroplasty device clinical trial moderated off the arthroplasty forum, or is there a technical problem?

Mark
Old 12-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Big Bucket
All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on insurance, FDA trials, general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here. If you are new, please introduce yourself here!
The title of this thread is: Activ L Trial Question.

Seems to be in the right place to me...the "meat" of the thread is a lot more interesting than its location.

Mike, I would contact Dr. Yue directly, as he is the Principle Investigator on the study and would know the exact details better than our second-hand knowledge here. Thanks Ann F for your help with the possible date for ProDisc approval!

James, J. Yue, M.D.
Yale University
Department of
Orthopaedic Surgery
800 Howard Avenue
New Haven, CT
203-737-5656

Please contact (203) 737-5662 for more information on all clinical and research inquiries.

Justin
Old 12-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Banned

Arthroplasty Central is for: "Discussion, news and insights that focus specifically on artificial disc replacement and next generation technologies..."

The Big Bucket is for: "All issues not easily categorized in the above forums."

This thread is all about arthroplasty. Yes, the meat of the thread is especially interesting. That is why it is especially frustrating to have to search for a thread about arthroplasty when it disappears from the arthroplasty forum.

Just my humble opinion....

Mark
Old 12-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Thanks Justin for saving me the time. In the meantime, sorry to waste most peoples� time, but I need to remind members of the guidelines here:

http://www.adrsupport.org/private-cg...b=agree_review

5. Please refrain from "trolling", i.e. posting topics or opinions that are designed to provoke a negative response from one or more specific members.

2. Nothing communicated in any discussion forum should be construed as medical or legal advice, regardless of the source.

12. While you may provide supplemental information about your own business that might be of interest to other members (without spamming them), you should not use the Discussion Forum as a vehicle to promote your business.

15. You are responsible for any actions you may take based on information or advice you receive while online. Please use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through the ADRSupport discussion forum or any other communication services. The decision to share information or conduct transactions with anyone is your own - please conduct your own research before making any decisions.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 12-11-2005, 08:43 PM

This has been a very good and informative discussion, (one of the best in a while). We are very fortunate to have members here that are willing to tackle, discuss and bring information to the patient community on difficult issues that we may not want to admit, face or discuss.

Thank you for reminding us what the back of our ADR-Support Lift Ticket says: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK I have and I am very pleased and satisfied with the outcome.

I look forward to more informative discussions here in the future.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything