ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

You got that right with professional warrior on battlefront!!!! Go get 'em!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:48 PM

I will be released without restrictions effective Monday the 23rd. I anticipate a rather long wait before I see any form of a settlement and/or compensation. My hopes are that my attorney is able to achieve the best compensation package allowable under the law. Time will tell . . .
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 01-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Banned

Right now WC seems to be toying w/me.
Have discontinued telephonic case management for me and set me up with field case manager in San Diego altho I moved to LA county. Set me up with an Ortho doc in San Diego who supposedly has nothing to do with ADR and left the appt. conf. on my husband's phone # in SD not here (Field Case Manager called there also).
Right now I'm pretty upset as I don't like appts. being made for me without any say so on my part. I have to get hold of the WC firm that handled my Seems WC takes forever to take action on something one is trying to get done, and then makes plans on their own that don't coincide with anything one is trying to get done.. their agenda not mine~ doesn't work for me...

** I have to clarify that I've had lifetime future medical benefits as an award from my 1982 case so I'm not in litagation and haven't been for some time. My care has been excellent over the last 20 plus years with a few glitches.. tho I think the changes in CA.WC are reaching back to cases as old as mine...(tightening reigns wherever possible and maybe hoping to force me to settle out benefits).
Old 01-18-2006, 01:47 PM

Yes, the reigns are being pulled back even more. This was supported by an article I read last week proclaiming that the new CA WC regulations will be a model for other states to follow. Apparently corporate America is much happier with the new restrictions, it's a shame we can't say that for the injured worker. Continue to persevere!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Banned

I spoke with my new field case manager and I think that I will go to the consultation with the spine surgeon in San Diego. I talked with enough people that I felt it would be a good move and my PM recommends the visit in terms of what I'm trying to achieve and what I might hope to gain by this consultation as well as how it may help get things pushed thru the WC red tape....
Have to get the CT scan done and hope my facets aren't a wreck...
Old 01-18-2006, 09:51 PM

If you don't mind saying so, who is the San Diego spine surgeon?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

Dr.Dodge(Larry)
I've heard he's ADR trained but doesn't do them, refers them to Westerlund's practice I believe.. (not sure of that, will find out at visit).
Old 01-19-2006, 12:26 PM

I never heard of Dr. Dodge but I do know that Dr. Westerlund at Core Orthopaedics is wonderful. He was the 3rd surgeon I met and the first to not only answer all my questions without an attitude but he also volunteered extra info I hadn't thought about. He was very easy to talk to. If I remember correctly, almost a year ago when I met him, he had done more than 100 ADRs already. Its been so long since I talked with him so I cant remember anymore if the 100 ADRS were all multi level via ProDisc trials, in addition to single levels or not. My focus was on multi level ADR experience. I believe that's the case but not positive.

If my insurance company ever agrees to pay for this procedure, he will be my surgeon.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

LBP,
I'm going to talk with my new case manager next week and mention seeing Dr.Westerlund if my CT scan is ok re facets. I really want to see my PM doctor before seeing Dr.Dodge, and don't think I can make the appt. next week anyway as my back has been out for the last few days and I can hardly get out the door to walk the dog, let alone think of taking a train ride anywhere..
Old 01-19-2006, 04:27 PM

Well Maria, hopefully some good will come of your venture to San Diego. Take along comfy clothes, shoes, and pillows, and an ample dose of your medication. When is your appointment?