ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:03 PM

Howdy,
I'm new to the board and have an insurance question... I'm in the unique position where I can swtich from United Health Care to Aetna this month becuase of a qualifing event. (I've already talked to Aetna and pre-exisiting conditions will be covered) From what I've heard from my doctors etc. I think I should make the switch so I have a better chance of getting my ADR covered.
Has anyone had a one level ADR with Aetna?
Does anyone have any advice?
I'd appreciate any pointers, I don't want to screw up this up.... I'm so worn down I just want to get better.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:39 PM

You are soooooo lucky to be able to switch. see
http://www.aetna.com/cpb/data/CPBA0591.html for their policy
Old 04-12-2006, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the link LBP! :0) That may be the best news I've heard in a year. You may not know the answer to this; but does this mean I can avoid the appeals process? Or does this just make it a whole lot easier and quicker?

Thanks again,
Old 04-13-2006, 07:43 PM

I have no idea. My assumption would be that if your dr puts in your claim that it's medically necessary and you've exhausted 6 mos of less invasive treatment...you should be approved. But I don't want to assume anything. All I know is your chances of coverage seem to be 100x greater than mine, especially since you are a single level ADR candidate!

I could have sworn someone on this site even had a multi level ADR approved by Aetna. You might want to searh the website for Aetna and see if you can figure that one out and talk to them directly.

Good luck and best wishes