ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 AM

That's good news Eddy G. -- -- -- I hope everything goes really well for you and you get your surgery really soon. To come back and tell us how you got on and remember no hand springs until after six weeks -- -- --
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 04-27-2006, 04:10 PM

I met with Dr. Goldstein yesterday and I was thrilled to finally meet him. He said he could implant a Charite for me now but we both agreed to wait for Prodisc approval. We both like the Prodisc better anyway. (I think/hope that we are weeks away from FDA blessing) I'm scheduled for my first discogram 5/15.(Ow!)Yay! He prefers outsourcing his discograms to get an independant opinion which makes sense to me.
Dr. Goldstein will be speaking in Montreal at the next symposium so if you shake his hand, please do so carefully and gently.

Mark Mitzner (mmglobal) helped me find Dr. Goldstein and I'm wondering when his ban is over? On other message boards the first offense is one week. Second offense is one month and third offense is indefinite. Can the Mods get together and consider unbanning him? He has been very helpful to alot of people, myself included and I hope my experiences can help others too.
One lesson thatI learned is to fight for what I want and don't let those pencil pushers at the insurance companies bully me around. If it was up to them I would be some Dr's first disc replacement. I don't think so! I got a gem in Dr. G and the stress of fighting to get him was worth it. I feel very comfortable with him.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM
imported_admin

Eddie,

Because of multiple problems -- conflicts, complaints and the amount of time required to resolve issues (like these posts; much of my personal time), Mark was banned from the forum.
Folks, I am really tired of this issue. I did not launch this site to see it become a business development vehicle for consultants!

Please refrain from discussing it again. There were a number of explanatory posts -- here are just a few that you must have seen on this matter.

The administrator of this board (Harrison) has been contacted on frequent occasions about the fact that certain members have repeatedly violated our Member Guidelines, related to contacting our members privately via email to solicit business, without invitation. These violations have led to the perceptions that that this forum is possibly condoning (or even tacitly encouraging) this sort of conduct.

We would like to assure our members that such conduct is not condoned or encouraged; anyone who feels they have been the recipients of such conduct is requested to report transgressions to the administrator for appropriate action.

We would like the entire membership to review the Member Guidelines, which are valuable in terms of maintaining peace, trust and understanding. The advisory board is currently completing its analysis of the situation (member misconduct as well as possible guideline revision) and will offer its recommendations to the administrator for consideration and implementation.

Further violations of the guidelines by the offender or anyone else will be dealt with immediately by banning them from the use of our caring ADR community. We thank all those who have brought this situation to our attention.

The guidelines are listed as Terms of Service on the bottom of this page.

Posts: 949 | Location: Woburn, MA | Registered: October 04, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Harrison

Posted March 13, 2006 06:29 PM
Dear ADRSupport Members,

Our goal since our inception in 2004 has been to provide both information and support to spine sufferers. We believe we have a unique gathering place that combines both educational and medical resources with human contact and caring. This is largely due to the efforts and warmth of its members themselves, who find both the strength and courage to reach out to others despite their own pain. Thank you all very much!

In an ongoing effort to keep this forum an open, unbiased meeting place where users can interact and exchange information freely, the Administrator and the Advisory Board have decided to prohibit all commercial activity within its walls. Individuals or businesses with a professional interest in our members and their medical conditions who solicit clients from the Board will not be allowed to post and interact in the forum, effective immediately.

We will, however, provide a space with links to those individuals or businesses that provide arthroplasty-related services; and whose credibility and viability we feel could be of service to Members of the forum who choose to make contact with them.

Our primary concern is you, the patient. The measures imposed today have not been lightly undertaken; they are the result of much serious consideration (literally hundreds of man-hours) and investigation into the aforementioned issues. We believe that clearly separating commercial contacts is the best way to provide transparency within the Forum, as well as clarity and freedom of choice to each individual member.

Lastly, I ask that members respect this finding and refrain from debating or commenting further. Again, this issue has been painstakingly examined and we appreciate your understanding and patience.