ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 AM

"Posted November 12, 2007 12:42
DEAR AL AGUILAR,
i JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW A COUPLE OF THINGS, IF YU ARE WORKMANS COMP, THEY CAN NOT MAKE YOU SEE THEIR DOCTOR, YU HAVE AN OPTION TO CHOOSE A DOCTOR, READ UP ON THE WORKMANS COMP LAWS( SHOULD BE AVAIABLE AT ANY EMPLOYMENT SECURITY DEPARTMENT). i USE TO WORK FOR lOST PREVENTION (SAFTEY OFFICER) AT A LARGE COMPANY THIS IS WHERE I GOT MY INFORMATION. YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK INTO IT. MOST COMPANY'S WON'T GIVE YOU THIS INFORMATION BECAUSE THEY WANT YU TO SEE A PATICULAR PHYSICIAN, BECAUSE HE IS ON THEIR PAYROLL...THAT IS ILLIGAL...CHECK INTO IT."

Sheri, I saw your post today on another thread and rather than continue there, where it might be lost, I thought I'd respond here. I appreciate your response, but I am in California and the WC laws were revamped by our governor a few years back. WC will not pay to see a doctor that isn't on the insurance carrier's list UNLESS one chose that doctor as their ongoing doctor prior to their injury. And believe it or not, that is just one of my problems with WC. I have been to court twice in the past few months, to get authorization to see a surgeon and get my temporary disability payments reinstated (they mysteriously stopped without warning or notification nine months ago). I have an excellent WC attorney who is a wonderful asset.

I was first injured in a student fight, at a high school where I was a teacher, and I am never going to fully recover from this injury. This happened in front of at least fifty witnesses and was well-documented as the police were called and arrests were made. You would think I would be able to get appropriate medical treatment. I went from mid February through October with ONE doctor visit, no physical therapy, and no access to meds until I got a court order last week and saw a surgeon yesterday.

Anyway, I do appreciate your helpful advice, and wish I were in whatever state you are in!
New injury + re-injury C3-7 in 8-06, initially causing "claw hand."
Latest MRI shows: 4.5mm disc protrusion,