ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Laura et al,

Most (if not all) patients seem to have good luck finding a stateside (or in Trace's case, countryside) doctor to do the follow-up checks and panic hotline support. One may have to call around to find an experienced doctor, but like I said, it seems to work out OK.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 03-25-2006, 09:34 AM

In the USA drs like Dr Yue do this for Dr B as a regular thing and Dr Regan also - - - In the UK we are only 2 hrs away from Dr Z & B so we do get good "Distance" follow ups from them plus we send X-rays regularly to them.

One UK patient has got a promise from Dr Z to do her remedial surgery in the UK and he will fly here ( at her expense) and do the surgery in a collegues hospital. Dr Z is the most wonderful caring Doctor I have ever known.

Everyone out there "Take care"
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 AM

thnx all,

I'm not really sure what I'll do, but I'll probably go 'from the gut' at the end of the day. There seems to be a problem with every place and/or prothesis I've looked into so far. I'm just comfortable with no one! Maybe it's me, or maybe I'm just not ready. Or maybe it's both. I guess I'm doing ok on my current treatment, even if I can't really afford to let too much time go by.

Jenni--thanks so much for offering that phone time; I might take you up on it one of these days. People here are great, even if we tend to get nippy and life-hatey at times

Got booted trying to post this the first time and had to reaccess thru Explorer, so if two of the pretty same messages appear sooner or later, it's because this one is the 'remake' of the first.

have a good day all.

Trace
Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 AM

Hi Trace,

I had a consult with Dr. Bertagnoli last year in NYC. He was open and friendly and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. When I left him I felt confident that he was my best option. That said, there are no guarantees... as for your local NS only having 12 under his belt - Dr. Bertagnoli started at 1, too.

As for time passing - that's another question with no answer. It has taken 2 years' worth of MRIs for Dr. B's office to say to me, "we still must recommend surgery first, but we will also be willing to say wait and watch as long as you have MRI's 3x a year."