ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:36 AM

I meant 1:1 ratio - not 1:0 ratio (typo)
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:01 AM

Thx Poncho, Maria - Chux...Somehow the worst is taken by the clondine patch (not by itself) And then I get the jits terribly and then the adavan + the small doeses of vicadin twice a day then backing off the rest of the week...their thinking is better than the methadone, will help me do the trick so I am not banging the headboards. This is violent withdrawals man, I have never felt like this in my life...But this packet they gave me works, I am just worried 5 - 6 days out, what then? News at 11. Thank you so much
Moderate to Severe, (L) 'They' say that I am @ the end of my road 'What's THAT Mean?? Who are THEY
Old 07-26-2005, 03:59 PM

I took Palladone (16 mg daily)(time release) for a short time and at first it relieved the pain but not completely. Then they increased it a bit and after it was in my system a while, I was nauseous, sweating, and the worst of all was the constipation. I did not like the feeling of having that in my system at all times. That is why I like the Vicodin - this way if I am having a good day, I can wait sometimes 6 hours before taking anymore. But there were times when I would go shopping or cook a large meal (which I love to do) and then I have so much pain that I cannot relieve the pain. There is a fine balance will the meds and activity. I get so angry at the insurance companies as they are leaving many of us with few options. If I don't take pain meds, I cannot straighten up and my activities are extrememly limited. So basically, my options are at this point, to wait for the ins. to cover the surgery, which means even more time on narcotics or dish out $100,000 for my surgery - maybe $75,000 if I am lucky.

Back to the withdrawal, these drugs have to be tapered off. The ativan does help with the anxiety.

Missing Facet Joint L5-S1
Collapsed Disc L4-5
DDD L3-4
Severe Stenosis
Disco + 3 levels
Sched. Oct. 11 - 2 level ADR & fusion
Dr. John Regan - L.A.
Awaiting approval!
[URL=http://www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery]www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery[/U
Old 07-26-2005, 06:46 PM

Thank you Ponch and LAura - Yes, Tapaer Taper Taper, minscule Taper if possibe. If you learned any one thing about me...My head bounces, I am very strong, (appearnce only) puppy at night.

What is happening is that the ativan works for the most part, the clonadine does whatever a flesh colored path will do on my chest...lol, And the vicadin is saving my bacon but that will taper off soon, Thursday I believe and I think that The Dr's thinking WAS that the Methadone's devlish attack at night were not going to be the reeper no more by then....guess what, I beg to differ. I've seen the horror flick too Bob. But I am positive, just a possitively real comer offer. Thanks all
Moderate to Severe, (L) 'They' say that I am @ the end of my road 'What's THAT Mean?? Who are THEY