ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-10-2005, 05:19 PM

Well, I saw a surgeon in Seattle today and asked him about this W/C issue I have. He said not to go through W/C if I want ADR...same thing as my Ortho Dr. said.

He stated that the 1 case for ADR that he tried to get approved through WA State W/C was denied without question. W/C said "they would never ever approve this surgery".

On the other hand, he said the state of Louisiana W/C actually contacted him and wanted him to do an implant. I guess each state is very different on this matter.
*'05 Discogram shows concordant pain at L4-5
*8/18/05 scheduled ADR surgery participant in Kineflex/Charite study
Old 03-16-2005, 10:51 AM

Well, here goes,,, I need all the W.C. info you can give me. Who got what, why, when, where, how and by whom. From the costs point, which is less expensive, fusion or ADR? What wording unlocks the bank? From what little I have seen of fusion procedure, it looks like a mess, based on my engineering view, not my zero medical knowledge and anyone can see this, ADR seems like a simple sell. I have two top docs tell me my best approach is W.C. Is this because my other alternatives are not that good obviously? I got never-land warning back in 1994 when BCBS was contributing for whatever and W.C. was not. My thoughts at the time were to let BCBS deny and force them to prove I was a comp. claim. Seems like that would have put things in order. I guess never-land is when both insurance companies say no and stick your head in the ground. When a doctor or lawyer tells me "What is Best", I now think in opposite that they are really telling me what is best for them and never drop any alternative or put off scheduling any appointment no matter if it seems contradictory at the time, because things change faster than you can get your next appointment. My experience in CT is first hand that WC is sold on ADR and they like one CT doctor, very, very much. (JL)
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 03-20-2005, 10:38 PM

I am a work comp coordinator in an orthopedics office. I have seen 2 out of 3 ADR approvals so far. I would re open your case. Everything is becoming much more clear to W/C ins companies, I think you chances are very good. Like I read before this, once your private insurance learns you have had a case, or an injury to your spine previously, they may decline also. Go for it, you may have to do "hoop jumping", but it will be worth it.
Leg pain resolved, but back continued to be painful
Neck pain began Feb 2003 no trauma
MRI revealed DDD level C6/7 with a disc bulge
C spine fusion done on Aug 14th 2003
Still needed lumbar 2 level fusion, ugh
Met Dr Rick Delamarter, entered trial
2 Level Prodisc completed Aug 12th 2004
Now (2011) experiencing numbness and heaviness of both legs
Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 AM

Waiting for Dialing for Dollars to call me.
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue