ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-30-2005, 07:29 AM

Rich

I echo above sentiments about appreciating your heroic efforts and the validity of the circular file. I'd like to add something else. I know that you and others were banned from another forum, but because I haven't read that entire forum or because those posts were deleted I have no way of knowing the precise circumstances around those bans and so can't make a judgement for myself as to their validity, one way or the other.

Don't get me wrong; I'm decidedly on your side. You've helped me personally and greatly with this forum and I'll probably ask for more help before I'm through. The value of this forum's participants is beyond words. That said, I think the openness of a community is a direct reflection of the quality therein.

I like to have an open mind and give every person a chance to explain themselves, but you/those that were banned (from the other forum) apparently didn't get that chance (and I'm sure it leaves you with a negative, unresolved feeling). In aid of not having that happen here (and to further the cause of openness and fairness) I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be relevent to include all inappropriate posts with moderator responses in full (even if they were emailed originally) in the Circular File, so all members can view the complete intercourse and learn precisely why a member might be banned.

Having this information as a part of the historical record of this forum would probably go a long way towards instilling confidence in newbies and lurkers that nothing was going on behind the scenes, as well as being instructive for all as to what, precisely, consititutes grounds for banning.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:23 AM

It's just jealousy! This is more of the same "Cervical vs. Lumbar feud. Just because us Lumbars get the better discs shouldn't make the Cervicals jealous! In FACT, I once saw a Lumbar & Cervical patient limping down the street together HAND IN HAND!!! ...IT CAN HAPPEN!!!

And what kind of sadistic evil person would ban a spine patient from a spine forum? Puh-leeze!! Some people just get drunk with internet Power I guess...
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 04-30-2005, 10:01 AM

Hi Rein,
All 3 of us were "Banned " because we were helping run this forum.

It didn`t make sense to me either - - - -however the good which came from that act was the establishment of this board which I think is a good thing - - -so good does come out of evil -- - sometimes

Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 04-30-2005, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alastair:
[qb]All 3 of us were "Banned " because we were helping run this forum.
It didn`t make sense to me either - - - -however the good which came from that act was the establishment of this board which I think is a good thing - - -so good does come out of evil -- - sometimes [/qb]
Amen, brother!

I'm daily grateful for the positive help and sense of community this forum has engendered. The knowledge that one is not alone, in this struggle with pain and disability, is invaluable.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Eddie,

I don't understand what your "drunk with power" comment means. But I do resent the lack of clarity, implied meaning, and the fact that so many other people spend time trying to figure this out. If I can learn more from you to clarify, let's take this offline and not involve other people's time. Just email, or we can talk too.

Please do not post opinions that are not constructive or helpful -- these are the guiding principles of this forum.

Lastly, the circular file is intended to retain all posts not deemed appropriate for the other forums. If psychotic or grossly inappropriate posts are found, they will be deleted (but still saved, just not publicly).
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 05-02-2005, 10:03 PM

In my opinion, everyone who has gained knowledge from or recieved support and encouragement from others in this forum and who can afford to should send "Harrison" some funding , even it is only $10 to $20.

I posted a message in the "other " forum telling folks about the availablity of the video of NY patient symposium, but it was remoioved 2 hours later. what a shame , I feel sorry for those in the other forum who were inquiring about the the symposium.

Also have Severe stenosis at C5/6 and C6/7- Cervical fusion recommended also.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned

Wow, am I missing something? What other forum? I wasn't a big forum person until this one was recommended to me. This has become my soap opera with insurance companies as the antagonist. If there's something juicy going on... maybe a new forum should be called 'The Hatfields vs. the McCoys!

I so appreciate the support and comraderie I've found here and have been oblivious to any adversity. Harrison, I thank you for all your hard work and support whatever efforts you deem necessary for the integrity of this forum. You have helped so many people in such a way that could not be obtained through any other avenue.

Dale
Old 09-08-2005, 11:24 AM

Dear Amy; after reading your ADR in danger (CMS) Posting and how to read up on making contact with them I went and learned more about what to do about it and help what you are suggesting (I hope that I can ONE of the contributors because I believe that I am a candidate for ADR soon).

At the same time, while my pain levels are at a 9+ and I am losing my left leg...(possibly in part because I may not be sleeping very well - 2-3 hours a night right now, and could use a new bed...) ripped disc and foraminal nerve root collapse, stenosis bilaterally, if I termed that correctly for this site (please?)...I was only responding to the many posts as well to compassionate people that are trying to help one another at the 'same' time while striving to support the ADR cause. I am wondering if all of these wonderful folks can do both causes...or shall the uneducated and less fortunate just leave? Compassion leads to love leads to patience will lead to your cause.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Banned

Amy,
Though the future of adr's is of the utmost importance, it doesn't negate other factors in our lives. If numbness or other discomforts interfere with sleep, buying a more comfortable or conforming bed can be quite impactful on someone's life. This forum is also about sharing the plights of everyday life. Little successes or setbacks can make huge differeneces in personal coping skills. Nothing speaks like the experience of those who have walked in your shoes.

Though I am enormously grateful for the knowledge I've received here, I also appreciate the compassion and friendship I've been shown. In no way does one interfere with the other. You also might want to consider that not responding to your post simply implies that we had nothing to add, not that is isn't worth our attention.

Dale
Old 09-08-2005, 03:36 PM

Amy...I have been trying to access this site to post a comment but have been unsuccessful since you first posted it.

Is anyone else having trouble?....maybe it's my computer.....