ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Exclamation

Another variation of Borrelia that causes disease:

By Randy Dotinga
HealthDay Reporter
New Tick-Borne Illness May Be Misdiagnosed

MONDAY, July 1 (HealthDay News) -- Physicians say a new kind of tick-borne infection that's similar to Lyme disease can mislead doctors into thinking it's a different condition.

Borrelia miyamotoi can cause flu-like symptoms that are similar to Lyme disease, researchers found.

"In the few case reports available for patients in the U.S., symptoms of B. miyamotoi infection have included fever, fatigue, body aches, joint pain and headache," said Dr. Bobbi Pritt, director of clinical parasitology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Pritt was not involved in the research.

Researchers also think infection may cause dementia in the elderly, especially those who have conditions that weaken the immune system.

Full story:

New Tick-Borne Illness May Be Misdiagnosed - MedicineNet

A reminder that most (if not all) Lyme disease tests are grossly inaccurate. Because of that, I recommend Spirostats or Igenex.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Important Clinical Info on "Rashes"

I am in the final stages of completing my (final) version of my on-camera interview with Dr. Alan MacDonald, a highly-credentialed pathologist and Lyme disease researcher. In his accomplished career as a pathologist, he has documented Borrelia's role in stillborn deaths; dementia and a list of other horrible conditions.

He co-discovered Borellia's ability to create biofilm with Dr. Eva Sapi, which in part leads to chronic Lyme disease. By his careful research, he's exposed one misconception after another. For example, most doctors are trained to look for a bulls-eye rash as part of the diagnosis. MacDonald has identified and confirmed that many other rash types can present -- as well as none at all.

A picture is worth a thousand words -- see some of the photos on my facebook site here.

Please share this with others, it may save them a lifetime of suffering and premature death!

Reminder: there are 100+ strains of Borellia in the U.S. -- your doctor's testing looks for one strain -- the B31 strain!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate