ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
Lillyth thanks so much for the offer. I will keep it in mind but like you said let me exhaust my other avenues before taking that route. Good luck on your upcoming surgery.
Thank you. I will still be here if you need me. I hope for your sake you don't, but if you do, I'm here.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:45 PM

Firemedix911,

I am truly sorry that you have to be here. I had my ADR surgery done with AIMIS in Cyprus. I know of two other people who have had their WC ADRs covered over there too. One was in WA state last year and the other was in Virginia and I think it was just last month.

That being said, I also have a friend who had a TLIF done. She is 8 months out and is doing really well. She couldn't sit for more than a few minutes without being in excruciating pain.

Drop me a PM if you want to know more. I wish you all the best!!

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Default 6 ADR wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
What about going to the media? I bet you ANYTHING they will pre-pay if we get you enough coverage.

I used to be in PR, so let me know if you want help with that. The public outcry could be HUGE. Everybody loves firemen.

Media should be a last resort, BTW, so if you have an appeals process or what have you, let that play out first.
It is wonderful that Dr. Clavel will do 6 ADRs. I hope it goes very well.
I've had back problems off and on for years. It has been "quiet" for several years but is beginning to "speak up" recently. I'm scheduled to see an orthopedic that a friend has recommended. However, he will most likely suggest a fusion since I think he is educated in the U.S. I've had several lumbar discs which are shown to be degenerated and a cervical fracture. My choice would also be Dr. Clavel if I had the money.

There shouldn't be a question that highly physical jobs, such as firemen should be allowed the medical care they need including ADRs.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanRunMo View Post
It is wonderful that Dr. Clavel will do 6 ADRs. I hope it goes very well.
I've had back problems off and on for years. It has been "quiet" for several years but is beginning to "speak up" recently. I'm scheduled to see an orthopedic that a friend has recommended. However, he will most likely suggest a fusion since I think he is educated in the U.S. I've had several lumbar discs which are shown to be degenerated and a cervical fracture. My choice would also be Dr. Clavel if I had the money.

There shouldn't be a question that highly physical jobs, such as firemen should be allowed the medical care they need including ADRs.
Thank you so much.

And you are right. It KILLS me to think that our service professionals end up having to be medically retired due to fusions and not being given ADR automatically. Especially as a tax payer. Don't I get a vote? I vote to FIX them and give then their lives back! Especially after all they have given for us.

Do keep us updated on your progress and your prognosis!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:07 AM

Hello guys. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I had a pretty rough week and weekend. Frustrated from the pain an the freedom you loose with this condition. I've always been very independent and I hate to badder anyone for anything. But it is what it is. Anyways it's looking like I may be able to see Dr Rolando Garcia after all. Fingers crossed!! I'll know on the 15th officially. I will update you guys then. Lilliyth best of luck in Barcelona. I see the date is getting closer. Praying for you.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Thank you firemedix! You know, it's funny, I am not a religious person, but it kinds feels like with all the people who say they are praying for me that it's all going to work out just fine based solely on all the wonderful folks out there who are sending out prayers.

You know, it has been scientifically proven in a double blind study that prayer works for health problems.

Do keep us updated your progress! I hope to be hearing about your upcoming appointment with Dr. Garcia very shortly!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
Thank you firemedix! You know, it's funny, I am not a religious person, but it kinds feels like with all the people who say they are praying for me that it's all going to work out just fine based solely on all the wonderful folks out there who are sending out prayers.

You know, it has been scientifically proven in a double blind study that prayer works for health problems.

Do keep us updated your progress! I hope to be hearing about your upcoming appointment with Dr. Garcia very shortly!
I'm sure it's all gonna work out. It's all about the attitude and the approach. Being positive, knowing that you are making the right decision and that it is what's best for you. If I had the means Clavel would be my first choice from what I've researched and seen. Actually today I saw a YouTube vid of him doing a lumbar ADR and he seems passionate about what he does. Everything will be just fine. Enjoy Barcelone. It's beautiful. Just don't become a Barcelona FC fan. Lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
Just don't become a Barcelona FC fan. Lol.
I have no idea what that even is, so my guess is we can safely assume that won't happen.

And thank you again for all the well wishes!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 PM

I think it's a soccer team.

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 AM

Ah. No chance of that then.