ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:07 PM

Hello I am leaning strongly toward adr but was wandering what you veterens would have to say what pain level a person should have to be in before recommending ADR.I know everybody deals with pain differently but for the most part I have to take pain medicine to have a moderately strenous day.Just in case you missed my other posts is there any recommendations to make my pain more moderate to buy me around six months until I can have the adr surgery,also is there any way to "check out" my surgeon outside of just asking him his experience which I will to april third.Thanks Shawn.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:34 PM

I can't answer your question directly, but I can point out that it's not just your pain level today but the trend in your pain level. If, for instance, you're going to have to fly to Germany for surgery, you need to have your decision made and in action while you're still in good enough shape to fly to Germany. Also, other structures in your back are being damaged as you decide what to do. You want to make sure you've made your decision early enough so as to not borrow other problems by damaging other things so much that the ADR doesn't really address all your pain. I'm not pushing for ADR in this, just that you'd hate to get ADR only to discover, the way my wife did, that you'd be a lot better off if you'd done it 6 months earlier.

As for your boot question in your other post, if you still are willing to look for orthopedic footwear, we've been working with Randy Merrell, the origin of the name for Merrell Boots. He makes custom boots and custom orthodics. He's expensive and way off the beaten track, even for Utah, but good at what he does.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog