ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 AM

and in two modes: 'tight-lipped', and 'mute' !

Trace
Old 05-01-2006, 05:43 AM

*cough*, *cough*. Anyone??? Bueller????

[hitting Goggle and the Synthes website reveals nothing, unfortunately ]

David
Old 05-01-2006, 04:37 PM

I was wondering the same thing if there was any news concerning this matter? If anyone hears anything please post it for the rest of us ok?
Thanks
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 PM

Let make a pool. I say it becomes official on June 2.

My timing seems to be working out pretty good actually. My discogram is May 15 (ouch)and my next appointment with Dr. Goldstein is May 22. He prefers the Prodisc as I do so we both agree to wait. I'm ready and very excited!!!

Hurry up already!!!

Anyway JUNE 2 is my bet! Anyone else care to play?
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 05-02-2006, 12:48 AM

Hmm, if Pro-Disc's approval, I wonder if insurance companies w/be increasingly prone to covering ADR surgery.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:48 AM

My primary concern (naturally) is exactly what is the FDA going to approve?

Is the FDA going to approve single level Prodisc use (and thus screw my life over a bit longer before approving multi-level Prodisc) or is the FDA going to approve multi-level Prodisc usage?

David
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

David,
I wonder the exact same thing. I have seen Dr.Bae at The Spine Center again in Santa Monica and he has recommended a fusion at L5S1 and Prodisc at L4. I asked about doing a discogram to make sure L3 wasn't bad.
He said Ok, but didn't include any mention of this in his report to WC.

WC sent him a letter asserting a "good faith dispute" because he didn't so some things like sign the report, and other things.

He has been kindly asked to link the proposal for this surgery to the original injury and back everything up with evidence based medicine.

My Primary Treating Physician who I've seen over the last 9 years wants to use Charite at L4 and do a fusion at L5S1 pending discogram which WC denied to decide if L3 was problematic or not...

I held out for going with The Spine Center because of use of Prodisc and possible 2 levels if needed as I thought that was what was going to be FDA approved since it was a 2 level study.

It seems I've made a mess of things now since WC is trying to settle me out, but first to prove there is no relationship between the injury I originally sustained, and surgery being proposed.

See you in Germany?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:14 AM

Quote:
See you in Germany?
Those are the questions I keep asking myself:

a. Why didn't I chose Germany?
b. Why do I continue to not chose Germany and play the waiting game?

I really would like to wait for the Activ-L study, but I (obviously) wonder if multi-level Prodisc will be approved within the next couple of months, or if the FDA will hold off on multi-level until possibly sometime next year? And of course, not knowing and waiting is much worse for my morale and borderline depression....

David
Old 05-02-2006, 03:00 PM

i asked the guy at work to ask his friend whats the holdup and his friend said he would look into it.
still waiting soon as i hear something ill talk
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Banned

David,
Currently, WC is trying to nail me and probably get something going for a settlement that doesn't offer surgery (so less $)...

I'm trying to get my old attorney's advice (WC)/retain him again ~ if needed, or at least have a consultation.

Re depression.. yesterday was "A day without immigrants" and I live in a very ethnic/latin/other neighborhood so something was up with me and I decided to do some clearing out of "stuff" (made a far bigger mess) and was dancing like back in my 20's/30's to stuff like Iron Butterfly, Tom Petty, The Cars, U2, whatever.. I was so incredibly energized tho boy, did my back hurt later!

Then today, all cranky while home dealing with reality, writing files in reply to my WC stuff, but that got so depressing I changed my env., went out with the dog to visit the dog's best friend and master in downtown and we went up to the 11th floor Solarium and the view of the beach/ocean was so incredible I forgot all about everything that bothered me.

After this we walked around getting something to eat and I just thought "this is it"~ life is beautiful..

More more more of this ~ wherever I land to have surgery~