ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:28 AM

Thanks for all the tips!! I'll be getting the house all ready this week and I just bought the nighties and dressing gown

It's happening next Sat, 2nd June. I understand a little more now and know I'm having interbody cages with fusion mix or something which I guess is the alternative to ADR (along with the screws).
Deeeeep breaths.....

I need to know when I'll be able to take the stairs??? With help or alone?

Cheers, Jen x
Old 05-28-2007, 09:36 AM

Hi Jen,

All surgeons seem to have slightly different post surgical protocols, so you will need to be guided by what you are told in hospital. When I had my fusion, I was able to "do" stairs by the time I left hospital - slowly and gently, one at a time. So no sliding down the bannisters or anything for a while I'm afraid!

I wish you all the very best for saturday and your recovery and will look out for your postings afterwards. Keep breathing and leave the rest to your surgeon!

rosedee

ps you've still got a few more days if more questions occur to you that someone here might be able to help with.
‘87 Sclerosant (prolotherapy) injections
2000 Spinal fusion – L4/5 L5/S1 – left wi