ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:17 PM

Hey, mbeth........yoou and I are in the same boat as far as the insurance coverage is concerned. When I visited the Texas Back Institute in Plano, I was so impressed with the facility and staff. It just gave me the clunk I needed to get the ADR procedure done and get over this pain, God willing. I have just sent my work-ups to the facility in Sarasota where the Kineflex and Charite study is being held. It scares me to think that I'll be a participant in a "clinical trial," but we need to be proactive. Certainly this requires some research and follow-up before getting involved. Like will my insurance cover the after effects of the surgery if there are any, and since the facility is such a distance, will there be an open door to us for more than just a statistic post-op. How about the track record of the physician and vascular surgeon? A lot of things need to be known. With TBI, you know they have done a lot of ADR procedures. Should we wait it out until our insurances come around? Can we continue to function on these narcotics until that day? I'm just throwing out some of my ramblings, but I'm whole-heartedly with you on this issue. I hope you contiue to post, so that we can be part of your progress and success!
Old 04-12-2006, 03:42 PM

I have 2 discs with grade 5 tears but DR. Blumenthal "thinks" that by replacing the L5/S1 I will be ok. And that is because of the results of the discogram...it was very precise. And from what I was told my costs during follow-up will be billed as an 'office-visit' which costs me $25. Thank you everyone who has responded to my 1st post. I am really grateful. After posting, I had several really bad days and a birthday party to throw for my son. I know all of you that suffer understand. But I am reading all of your replys and emails. Thanks for taking the time to answer my post.