ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:28 AM

Not so much nowdays, as i've learnt to ease the pain by lying down, or holding onto something whilst sneezing.
But 4 months ago, directly after a heafty sneeze or two, I would double over, and the pain would be excrutiating!
Anyone else have a sneezing problem?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:50 PM

I am an habitual sneezer. Every sneeze prior to my op woud also have me on the floor. Bracing myself against something solid would help a little but since my fusion in November 05 I can sneeze my head clean off without so much as a twinge. I wish you the same prospects for the future.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:13 PM

Hi Futsi,
I SO know how you feel. Sneezing hurts, coughing hurts, in fact everything hurts. Even bumpy roads when we are in the car hurts. I think I am in the same position as you. I am on Mr Lam's, Guys Hospital, waiting list, for a fusion at L5/S1 and a disc replacement at the next disc up (sorry not sure of the technical term). From what I have learned Mr Lam is one of the best, so I think we will be in pretty good hands. I can't wait until it's over, so (hopefully) the pain will be less and I can start feeling human again.
Lynn
Old 02-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

See how we learn from other surgeries, e.g. a nose job with which you're not allowed to sneeze.

Not saying that I had one, but was taught that biting your tongue (don't hurt yourself) can prevent about 75-80% of sneezes, maybe more. Unfortunately, some sneezes just have to be had.

Wishing you luck, Dale
Old 02-25-2006, 03:57 PM

hehehhe or ya sneeze while biting the tongue.
oppppss
chuck
Old 02-27-2006, 08:01 AM

Yip - I'll try the biting on the tongue option.
Cheers