ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:21 AM

Hi J-

I don't have too much new information to add to this post, but I will second most of what everyone else has written. First, diet and exercise are extremely important. If you are able to take the time to complete a gentle clease such as one by Standard Process, this will help clear out the impurities from your body. Also, try to concsiously relax your body and mind; whether this is listening to music, playing with your pooches, or sitting in a sunny spot. Your mental attitude and outlook will be key to your recovery. Have a good support system in place prior to your surgery and try to have materials prepared and organized so you won't have to fret about them during and after surgery. And most importantly, believe in the power of faith and hope that you will recover.

Stay tough and be well!
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 10-14-2005, 04:41 AM

I would just like to say here, yes it's very important to be fit and on a good diet, I think also an extremely important item on your ADR recovery is a positive mental attitude to your recovery.

Although we can plan ahead with what we hope will happen after surgery, what does happen quite often is something entirely different. You then have to maintain a positive approach and adjust to new circumstances which can be quite hard.

A new approach in these circumstances is not a matter of rushing at circumstances -- -- -- quite often that causes errors and harm to the patient. A quiet and sensible approach to recovery has usually been successful.
Best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 10-14-2005, 09:43 PM

Crystal,

Thank you SO much. It'll sound silly, but I'm printing your post to paste into my "op journal" so I'll have it with me every day as I think and write about what's happening and what it means to me.

Attitude is vitally important to me, and mine has always been my steadfast rock, only lately challenged by pain and fear. Input such as yours reminds me to adjust my attitude and simply continue to have have faith.

I can't rely on yoga anymore (physically, anyway), and I doubt that Dr. B will let me bring my herd of 3 Danes and TheMinPin and the KittyKrew to the hospital to refresh my daily experience of joy , so anything that speaks to me will be extremely valuable. And your posts speak to me. I'm grateful to take your words with me on this journey.

Many thanks,
-j

p.s. And more thanks for the hint toward a good cleanse ... I'll be hunting it.