ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Chlamydia Pneumoniae (CPN) is a naughty and pervasive bug, dispersed throughout many populations. Some leading researchers suggest it plays a significant role in many diseases. Since there are members within our community that are diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I researched & found some interesting studies from this site: http://www.cpnhelp.org/how_chlamydia_pneumoniae_

The handbook on CPN is one of the best documents I’ve ever seen on the detection and treatment of intracellular bacteria. One study therein stated that 100% of the fibromyalgia patients’ blood samples were positive for Chlamydia Pneumoniae. Pretty amazing claims by any measure!

The relationship between chronic disease and intracellular pathogens is seemingly ignored by institutions in the U.S. Many interesting findings were published in the 70s, and then died out. Interesting reports occasionally surface, but usually from other countries…like the one below on the presence of HCV in fibro patients. This report actually does not support a cause and effect relationship with HCV and fibro; yet, taken with other studies (as previously mentioned) it should raise suspicions.

What does this mean for patients with chronic back pain? My suggestions:

1. Do your homework! Read up on this stuff even though it is difficult.
2. When you have bloodwork done, think about the research you’ve seen. Talk to your doctor about it. Consider having a more thorough blood panel performed.
3. If you have any “outliers” in your blood chemistry reports, talk to your doctor about them. If he/she cannot answer them, consult a hematologist. If they don’t address your concerns, keep looking for answers.
4. Share your observations and questions on this board.

Happy researching!
__________________________________________________ ______

Hepatitis C virus infection in Italian patients with Fibromyalgia – Source: Clinical Rheumatology, Oct 18, 2007
by C Palazzi, et al.
ImmuneSupport.com

10-19-2007 We evaluated the prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in Italian patients suffering from Fibromyalgia (FM), in comparison with patients affected by non-HCV related rheumatic degenerative disorders.
Consecutive patients with FM and a statistically comparable group of patients suffering from peripheral osteoarthritis (OA) or sciatica due to L4-L5 or L5-S1 herniated disc were tested for HCV infection with a third-generation microparticle enzyme immunoassay (MEIA).

In the positive cases, a third-generation recombinant immunoblot assay (RIBA) confirmatory test and serum HCV-RNA test were performed. Fisher's exact test was performed to compare the prevalence of HCV infection (MEIA- and RIBA-positive results) obtained in the two enrolled groups.

Enrolled were 152 subjects suffering from FM and 152 patients with peripheral OA or sciatica.

Anti-HCV antibodies were found in 7 of 152 (4.6%) patients suffering from FM and in 5 of 152 (3.3%) of control subjects. No statistically significant differences in HCV prevalence were detected between cases and controls.

Our present report does not confirm previous data indicating an increased prevalence of HCV in FM patients and does not seem to support a significant pathogenetic role of HCV under this condition.

Source: Clinical Rheumatology. 2007 Oct 18; PMID: 17943229, by Palazzi C, D'Amico E, D'Angelo S, Nucera A, Petricca A, Olivieri I. Division of Rheumatology, Villa Pini Clinic, Chieti, Italy.

See http://www.immunesupport.com/library...le.cfm/ID/8427
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Administrator

A member with chronic pain issues (post operative) went through the trouble of having his blood analyzed visually – through microscopy. I have my own thoughts about what these results below “mean,” but I find the interpretations of each component a bit curious. Bottom line: be your own patient advocate, ask questions and dig ever deeper into your systemic health!

Elevated: Rouleau:
Red blood cells arranged like rolls or stacks of coins. Usually related to large amount of proteins in the blood. Reduces the exposed surface area of red blood cells and diminishes the exchange of oxygen for carbon dioxide, resulting in localized acidosis as well as generalized fatigue due to the slowing of circulation.

Moderate: Erythrocyte Aggregation:
The clumping together of red blood cells also referred to as "blood sludge". There is a restriction in the flow of oxygen and blood through the capillaries. If they become large enough they may form blood clots as well as damage organs. Ingestion of high fat meals, high blood cholesterol levels and upsets in blood fat chemistry have all been associated with increases in aggregation.

White blood cells (Immune system)

GOOD: Neutrophil
Represent the largest percentage of white blood cells found in the blood. They are responsible for engulfing microbes and foreign objects. Viability is determined by their activity (irregular shapes) and large size.

Toxicity

Moderate: Spicules or Fibrinogen
Platelets which have mutated from their normal disc shape to needle-like projections giving the appearance of "cracked glass". May be considered heavy proteins in the blood and are usually seen in liver stress as a result of poor digestion, excessive alcohol, antibiotics, drugs or tobacco.

Bacteria

Moderate: Mesosomes
An embryonic bacteria that appears round and has a hole creating a donut appearance. Large numbers may indicate bacterial overgrowth due to a low immune system or high blood sugar.

Moderate: Rod forms
Rod-shape, dumbbell-shape or spiral bacteria that are the most motile of all bacteria. Often associated with fast-spreading, advanced stages of diseases. May be produced by parasitized red blood cells when they destroy their host. May indicate inactive friendly intestinal bacteria and poor assimilation. They produce toxic by-products.

Elevated: Yeast
A fungal stage that bacteria goes through which is single-celled and usually round. A result of poorly assimilated foods, low oxygen in the blood stream and/or an excessive amount of blood sugars. May cause fatigue, allergies and skin problems.

The technician is originally from Arizona. He has worked for many years in the USA military lab. He said he has a lot of knowledge about blood related diseases.
Reborn June 25th, 2004, L5-S1 ADR Charite in Boston
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate