ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:38 AM

Sounds good to me, if they have rooms at were Mark is having the event that would be really nice also. I feel like I have gotten to know a lot of you and would really love to pursue that even more. We have all experienced or shared in back pain and only those that have would understand why that brings us closer. As far as partying, we could have different games like getting drunk and having wheel chair races down the halls!! Ok I will be good I promise. My wife and I are planning on coming in around noon on the day before. Put up any ideas; let�s make the most we can of this. Whose bath tub are we going to fill with ice and put the beer in? Oops there I go again.

Dave
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Banned

I am an amazing action party animal while sleeping now and that is it! No swinging from chandeliers tho~ prohibited by my doctors..
Old 03-03-2005, 11:41 AM

Any new news Mark? Just would like to get a room but would prefer something close to where we will be.

I am sure you will post as soon as you know, just thought I would bug you a bit since I ams ure you have nothing else going on. LOL

Take care,

Bill

Old 03-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

I hope to hear from Beth Israel Hospital this week... we may be using their conference facilities.

I'll post as soon as I know.

Mark

PS... MGH's John Lester will speak about he evolution of the internet patient. The braintalk forums are his brainchild from 1995. His work has saved many lives, including mine.

Also, Stephen Hochschuler from TBI will speak.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:29 PM

sounds good mark, mainly wanted to keep topic alive and at top.

Looking forward to meeting many of the folks who have helped me along.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:51 PM

I can't wait to find out more! With any luck I will be able to work it out to be there. Thanks, Mark!

Deb
Old 03-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

Mark,

Is the price closer to being finalized? I really want to attend, but being on a student's budget it might not be feasible.

Sounds like an incredible event.

Justin
Old 03-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Banned

Justin, $150 is a good number.

As soon as I get everything finalized, I'll have online registration and payment. It will be $150 up to 4 weeks in advance, then $180.

Details to follow.

Mark
Old 03-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Banned

Dear Friends,

The venue for the May first seminar should be finalized next week. It will definitely be in Manhattan... book your tickets now.

The plan still includes a cocktail party Saturday night and the event will be ALL DAY on Sunday.

Continental Breakfast at 7:30... event starts at 8:15... lunch... afternoon session will go till 5:30. This will be a long day and will be tough for many attendees to get through, but we have a lot of ground to cover and many excellent speakers. I suspect that the next event will be 2 days.

Finalizing the venue has been tough. The potential venue that has hung us up for the last 3 weeks did not materialize. I have 2 venues booked now. The NY Athletic Club and the Yale Club.

NY Athletic is my first choice. I hope to finalize the booking on Tuesday. Sleeping rooms will be available at the following rates:

1 Twin 160
Queen 215
2 twins 215
King 245

The Yale club is a second choice for the event, but sleeping rooms are not available. Sleeping rooms will be available across the street at the Roosevelt Hotel for $249.

Cheaper rooms are available in NY, but they are tough to find and I suspect that they will not be as nice. (5 floor brownstone walkups) NYAC will be very convenient, especially for those who will need to take a break during the seminar to be able to go to their rooms. Also, for the social gatherings Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening... it will be easy if we are all together. But economic considerations will prevail. Find economical rooms... double up. If the above rates are OK with you, hang tight for a few days. I'll post the details and you can book into the appropriate hotel at the group rates listed above.

There is a dress code at the NY Athletic club. Men must wear jackets. Women must wear business attire. No jeans, no sweats, no tennis shoes. Sorry, but this is the best venue I could find and they have these rules that we must follow.

I hope to have online registration and payment up in a few days. It will be $150 for advance registration and payments received by April 3rd. After April 3rd, registration will be $185.

When I have everything ready to go, I'll start a new thread with all the final details. Hopefully Harrison will make it a sticky on Arthroplasty Central. Sorry to post incomplete info, but I know everyone wants to make plans and this will let you get started a few days earlier.

My wife and I have never been to New York. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll get to meet Melanie (coming from Toronto) for the first time (melanie's story). Tears will flow! I'll see Cindy (coming from North Carolina) for the first time since we were in Munich together for our surgeries (Cindy's story.) It will be great to meet Harrison and thank him personally for the work he's doing here. Old MGH friends like Loves2Flip, BigJoe, John Lester and many others... some I've never met... others, like cervie queen and MariaA are dear friends I see often. This will be the best *** hugfest ever!

Mark
Old 03-06-2005, 05:30 PM

Mark: Let's fly out early and go to a B'Way show!!! What's playing?