ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 AM

Default Newbie on Board checking out options

Hey all,

I am so glad that I found this sight. So much current info!!!

In 2008 I had a posterior minimally invasive discectomy at L4/5 to alleviate numbness in my left leg. Problem solved!!! At least that what I was hoping....

Then, in March 2013, I was diagnosed with DDD and spondies at L3/4 and L4/5 with sciatica and numbness. My neurosurgeon wants to do a 2 level XLIF in May.

There was some bone removed during surgery in 2008, current extension and flexion X-rays indicate a 2 mm slip. I will be 60 years old this September. Fortunately I was running, cycling and lifting weights 6 months ago. I am not over weight but I am small...5'

So, with bone loss, an aging body and spondies is an ADR even an option for me to consider? Thoughts anyone?

Thanks for reading.
Scheduled for 2 level XLIF fusion middle of May 2013
Researching ADR options
59 y.o.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 PM

I don't think that an ADR would be out of line. You went with the least invasive procedure first and now it is time to make a bigger jump. It sounds as if you are active and taking good care of yourself. That is a huge factor in healing from an ADR surgery.

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.