ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned

Hilary,

I think that Diane and I will take a red-eye on Thursday night. We do hope to take in a play on Friday night and would love go with you and Brian (and others?)

BTW, I have to thank you for turning me on to GoldStar. www.goldstarevents.com What a great service. We use it all the time.

Last Tuesday, we say Shakespeare's "As You Like It", at the Ahmanson. We sat in the second row, very close to center... 1/2 price. We also enjoyed "Caroline and Change" at the Ahmanson a few weeks ago... again 1/2 price from goldstar.

It's great for comedy clubs and all kinds of events.

BTW, going to the StaatsOper in Vienna has absolutely spoiled us... we used to think that the Ahmanson was a great venue!

I was hoping for a Les Mis or Miss Siagon, but I don't think they are playing. The Producers is there and we haven't seen it. We are open to ideas.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:47 PM

Is it possible to get wall to wall video of the conference and post excerpts on the *** site?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:08 PM

mark, in talking with you last night and reading all of the posts here, i know i'm missing a grand time and learning experience, as in attending your seminars, i learn more about my past back problems then from all of my ortho&neuro docs put together. but in my current financial position it is impossible for me to attend, hopefully sometime in the future you will have the same for us here in sunny southern california. hope you all enjoy what you are about to embark on,it's a great experience to learn from the surgeons and meet all of our fellow spineys......
gary
'79...
1979Laminectomy@L4,5/mylegram tech
Old 03-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Banned

Thanks Gary... I think you were tied for the lead at 3 *** seminars.... Hilary will take the lead at 4...

Biff.. That is possible, I'm hoping to have video, but I'm not sure what will come of it. I have full video of the last 4 events. So far, it's too big a job for too small a market to consider investing the time and money in it.

Mark
Old 03-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Banned

Things are getting close to finalized. Not quite ready for prime time, but beta-testers may register at:

http://www.globalpatientnetwork.com/...ent6-pre.shtml

Once things are wrapped up (in just a day or two, I'll create a new post with finalized info and completed registration process.

Who may be a beta tester? Anyone who is sure that they are coming and is ready to register and pay.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Banned

Things are just about set for the conference. The venue is set. I'm in the process of signing contracts with the hotel... group rate... 40 rooms on Saturday night are reserved.... 10 on Friday and Sunday.

Please wait until I have the group arrangements resolved before you try to book the rooms.

The group rates will be very reasonable for NY. If you are considering finding less expensive accomodations, consider cab fare, class of facility and the ability to easily meet with your friends and also to go to your room to rest if the day is too much. Taking a cab to another hotel to rest for an hour will cause you to miss too much of the seminar and will also limit your savings. Group rates will be: 160 twin, 215 2 twin or queen, 245 king... or less.

Again, do not book your room until I have finalized this. There will be enough rooms for everyone. Start reserving conference space and book your flights.

As soon as I get everything finalized I'll make another post on Arthroplasty Central and we'll get more discussion going about this.

Mark
Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 AM

Good news and bad news, the good news is I will be leaving for Bogen germany on the 10'th the bad nes is I will not be able to spend that much money to go to the seminar so close to going to Bogen. I was really looking forwad to meeting everyone and hearing the seminar.

Mark is there way to record it at least on audio, I would be willing to pay to get it.

Thanks Dave
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:46 PM

I've already registered and paid! Was I the first? Is there a prize?

New Yawk here comes this old Joisey Goil!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned

Sorry CQ... JimM2 was the first to register.

Mark
Old 03-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Mark, Dave, et al...

We may be able to record the whole seminar. The gent who helped me launch this web site (I am eternally grateful!) lives in NYC and has the eqpt (digital cameras, production, editing, etc.). We would have to pay him (dunno how much), then I would do the DVD packaging, fulfillment, etc. I want to do it, but the demand this for this may be strong, but only by a small number of people. Accordingly, its a $ issue (no surprises).

If anyone wants to make this happen, pls email or phone me, thx
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate