ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:11 PM

epiphaknee:
You are absolutely right that an anonymous reviewer is free to deny treatment without any consequence. In fact, I think Arizona statute requires that I be given the name and credentials of the reviewer. Since this was an "independent review" through the State Department of Insurance, it was quite disheartening. But there is no avenue to protest--that I know of--since this level of appeal is the final and decisive level.
As far as I know, the only avenue left is a lawsuit and I just don't have the energy for that--and I had enough of lawyers with the personal injury suit in which State Farm's lawyer got away with outrageous behavior.
Do I sound defeated????
foraminal and central stenosis C5/C6 and c6/C7
2007 EMG/nerve conduction shows pattern of chronic radiculopathy
January, 2008: Prestige ST Artificial Disk Replacement, C5/6
Old 06-04-2008, 01:59 PM

I'm sorry to hear all this. I was turned down for an ENT procedure by a proctologist.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:14 PM

Sahurao:

You had a personal injury suit against State Farm? That's who I sued and the lawyer was an absolute A--Hole. He was offensive as they come to try to disarm me. I am a professional court witness and am on the stand often. I do not intimidate easily and never missed a beat when he threw shots at me. The adjuster knew I would be a nightmare in court and had me paid. They knew I had my facts straight and would not fold under pressure on the stand. I loved it.

I absolutely hate State farm with a passion and would sue them for general purpose any time I could.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 06-04-2008, 06:35 PM

Terry:
Wish you could have been at my trial, perhaps even standing in for my wimp of a lawyer who was no match for the State Farm lawyer...
Old 06-05-2008, 06:07 AM

I truly hate State Farm. I used to have them as my main carrier for my house, cars, jewelry riders, whole life plans, etc. Then my wife got rear ended by a lady going about 40 MPH after my wife had pulled over, and stopped, for an ambulance. It broke my wife's back in three places and State Farm was not like a good neighbor. We had this drag out for a year before they settled. I never got a lawyer involved in that one and handled it myself. I knew what the lady had for a liability policy and knew what I'd get if I got a lawyer involved and stuck to that amount. They beat me up every step of the way. When I went in for my check from them I told them to drop all of my coverage as I had went out a week before and got a new carrier as I would not stick with a company that treated us like such garbage. I got the amount I wanted also.

Then my bicycle accident is with a homeowner's dog who slams in to the front wheel of my bicycle causing me to catapult end over end causing significant damage to my shoulder and spine. And to find the homeowner had State Farm set me off royally.

It was fun doing battle with them. I love pompous attorneys who believe their poop doesn't stink. A bunch of Sharks.

I am so sorry you had a lousy attorney. State Farm is notorious for hiring the nastiest sharks around. Did you get anything out of them at all or they sided with State Farm? If so, that is the biggest injustice I have heard of. State Farm's profits read like a Third World Country's Balance Sheet. YUK!

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
Bicycle Accident 2004
Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 AM

Terry,

Awwww.....was the puppy ok?

Sorry I am a huge animal lover and pet groomer!Irresponsible pet owners is a big pet peeve of mine! Sorry to get off topic!
*c/6-c/7 herniated disc /pinching nerve causing extreme and radiating pain in back-neck and nubness in left arm and compressing spinal cord from 13mm to 6 mm- cervical steriod injections-physical therapy-lots of meds-*

CIGNA insurance revoked my F
Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Terry:
Let's just say that the jury award did not cover all of my medical expenses to the date of the trial, let alone compensation for pain and suffering and lost income. And 1/3 of the award went to my lawyer...The State Farm attorney was promoted to partner in his law firm and his website now advertises that he argues against "unnecessary surgery, abuse of physical therapy," etc--all of the stuff he pulled (without any witnesses testifying to those arguments!) at the trial. Plus, the jury was not informed that he was the insurance attorney, not the attorney for the guy who rammed his car into mine.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:53 AM

Where are the "whistleblowers" on this re: "60 Minutes", etc.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:15 AM

The "PUPPY" was a 100 Pound German Shepard / Rottweiller and was stunned in the collision. He survived and fared far better than I did. I broke - he was dazed.

I am so sorry for the lousy settlement you got. I hate insurance companies as the deck is stacked in their favor. They can outlast and outspend all of us in a moments notice.

We will look back on these days as, the dark days of America, where corporations ruled at the expense of people.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
Bicycle Accident 2004
Old 06-07-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote Terry-""I hate insurance companies as the deck is stacked in their favor. They can outlast and outspend all of us in a moments notice.

We will look back on these days as, the dark days of America, where corporations ruled at the expense of people.""

I so begrudgingly agree and how well put!
*c/6-c/7 herniated disc /pinching nerve causing extreme and radiating pain in back-neck and nubness in left arm and compressing spinal cord from 13mm to 6 mm- cervical steriod injections-physical therapy-lots of meds-*

CIGNA insurance revoked my F