ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:30 PM

Default DSS Devices for facet pathology

Does anyone have any experience with the DSS (Dynamic Screw Stablization) devices Dr Bertagnoli uses?
I am scheduled to have these springlike devices installed on the facets at L4-L5.
The reason: To take the load off the facets which are the source of my pain.
THis is what Dr Bertagnoli recommends. From my research it appears he is the best back surgeon there is.
Unfortunately I have never heard of anyone having this done, I have never spoke to anyone who has had it done and I am a little concerned about what I should expect as far as range of motion, limitations, etc.
If anyone has any knowledge of this that would be helpful.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur63 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the DSS (Dynamic Screw Stablization) devices Dr Bertagnoli uses?
I am scheduled to have these springlike devices installed on the facets at L4-L5.
The reason: To take the load off the facets which are the source of my pain.
THis is what Dr Bertagnoli recommends. From my research it appears he is the best back surgeon there is.
Unfortunately I have never heard of anyone having this done, I have never spoke to anyone who has had it done and I am a little concerned about what I should expect as far as range of motion, limitations, etc.
If anyone has any knowledge of this that would be helpful.
there is a tops system also but speak to a few docs before going ahead with, i met Dr.Bert in person and i am a engineer and he didnt instill confidence in me
Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 PM

Default DSS Implants

Thank you for your reply, Conan. I do not know what a "tops system" is.
I have asked for Prospine to provide me with some way to contact other patients who have had the same DSS devices installed. I also do not really know what the success rate is or how many they have done. I do believe this device is relatively new, but I know it is not yet approved in US.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur63 View Post
Thank you for your reply, Conan. I do not know what a "tops system" is.
I have asked for Prospine to provide me with some way to contact other patients who have had the same DSS devices installed. I also do not really know what the success rate is or how many they have done. I do believe this device is relatively new, but I know it is not yet approved in US.
i think a guy called justin had it done with a adr, but there is a few systems like that balance c but the tops system replaces the facets hang on i think i have a like somewhere

premiaspine

just to give you a idea
Old 10-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Hi,

There's a lot of information in this depressing thread:

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/f47...09/index5.html (page 5)

I don't know if Linda ever got this procedure, but she did her research. I wish her well, she was in tough shape a few years ago when I last talked to her. Pls note that topic is many pages. These topics also reveal other US docs that perform this procedure.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate