ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Banned

Just a word about WC~ it goes case by case.
Seems the insur. co. I had was willing to pay for a trial w/2 levels but now with new WC UR reform in CA. and the longevity of my future med benefits, it's coming down to trying to settle my case for the least amount of $ vs. approval of any surgery other than multi level fusion which I've stated repeatedly I wouldn't have.

I think my Primary Treating Physician was right when he said that the only chance I have to get ADR is with Charite at one level and fusion at another, and that's pending L3 being OK.

But when he proposed the discogram, the insurance denied it. So it's a game at this point and it took me this long to see it.

So some in other states with WC may be better off than CA. right now or perhaps even another insurance company, another Claims Adjustor and and so forth...

For anyone considering going to Germany with Dr.Bertagnoli or Dr.Zeegers, from what I've read, and the people I've met with single or multilevel cases, I've heard very incredible testimonies and results~

Not all are good, tho many are so I hope that Chuck, Kim, anyone else that is considering this option will have wonderful results~ and come back to tell me about it if I haven't yet tired (given up) with WC and moved on.

Also, I think the German docs have a variety of types of implants to utilize so are not restricted to any given one, as is the case to date in the US...
Old 05-15-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Also, I think the German docs have a variety of types of implants to utilize so are not restricted to any given one, as is the case to date in the US...
that is one of the biggest factors in me trying to go see dr b in most cases once hes in there he can install what he feels best and if the bones dont live up to the bone density test results then he has a option for that also.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5