ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:42 AM
imported_pablocruise

That is a sweet pic ans on the hyperlink. I have a view of the ocean here in Manhattan Beach. That's what is pretty cool, I just look left and I'm looking at the ocean, and it is a nice day here in SO.CA.
Paulette, I hope you can get back to what you were doing also. I hope to talk with you soon.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:36 AM

Pablo I'm glad you are feeling good.Im only 12
weeks from a 3 level as u know but take it easy,
I walk every other day and just started riding
a bicycle with upright handlebars so my back is straight and go to PT once a week. I get very
bored as you probably do wanting a full recovery
but please dont push it. Im still in the process of weaning down off of narcotics. I was taking
45mg of time released morphine 3times a day as well as 8mg of dilaudid 3 times a day. I have dropped a total of 32 mg of time released and 6mg
of dilaudid a day. It takes time for my body to adjust,I cant remember what you said about your
meds but I'd like to know how you did it.

Hope ur doin great CHUCK D
Old 04-17-2005, 03:45 PM

Hi Chuck D, glad you're feeling better.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:54 PM
imported_pablocruise

Chuck good for you. I guess you could say I cheated with coming down off of meds. I ended up in rehab for 14days, 14days post-op. Man it was pretty painful because they took me off of my pain meds in one and a half days. I was taking Ibuprophine from then on.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:42 PM

All I can say is WOW !!!!!!!!!!
I would be jumping out of my skin, but I cant
wait to see what it will feel like to have a clear
mind after all the years of pain meds. I'll be sure to let you all know but I will take and scale
down a little slower.

U take Care
Chuck
Old 04-19-2005, 11:08 AM
imported_pablocruise

The best thing about not being on meds is the ability to remember things. I really don't remember alot when I was on my meds. My wife would say,"yeah don't you remember?" All I can say is no. And watching some tv programs like Law&Order SVU is like watching it for the first time, because I don't remember watching it. I just looked at the photos that I took at Christmas and I really don't remember taking those pics either. Yeah I was pretty messed up pre-op.