ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 PM

Default Balance Issues

Has anyone had issues with balance as a result of low back pain/nerve compression?

I've noticed lately that I will occasionally 'tip over', so to speak, when doing my daily activities. I also seem to have balance issues when I try to stand on one leg. I always tip to the left, which just happens to be the side that I have most of my low back pain and nerve symptoms.

Any info would be much appreciated! I'm really trying not to get overly worked up about this :-)

Thanks much!
-Gina
2016 Spinal Stim removal due to MRSA infection in spine
2016 Spinal Stim re- implant
Current osteoarthritis L2-S1
Osteoarthritis SI Joints
DDD L2-L4
Old 02-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Question

Gina, when did the balance issues present? Is it possible you have a subtle middle ear infection? There are many natural products that can help clear those (biofilms), if in fact that is the problem.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 02-20-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Gina, when did the balance issues present? Is it possible you have a subtle middle ear infection? There are many natural products that can help clear those (biofilms), if in fact that is the problem.
Hi Harrison!
It's possible, I guess, that this symptom is a result of an ear infection. I've never experienced balance issues due to an ear infection before, so this would all be new to me .

The balance problem seems to feel as if it's muscle related; possibly??!! I feel a SLIGHT numbness on the bottom of my foot on the big toe side. So when I put my foot down, it feels like the weight of my body is shifting to the outer side of my foot and I start to tip. It's really hard to explain .
Osteoarthritis SI Joints
DDD L2-L4
Old 02-21-2014, 08:25 AM

Gina,

I don't know the answer to your question, but in the two months before my double ADR I didn't have balance issues proper, but was subject to trip; which I did only twice. I didn't have numbness in my feet, but did note diminished proprioception.

It took a long time to get used to the numbness in my left hand. It felt ... weird ... when gripping something. I finally attributed that to unevenly impaired sensory function across my hand; though I have no idea if that's correct. Perhaps the hard to describe sensation in your foot?

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 02-21-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Gina,

I don't know the answer to your question, but in the two months before my double ADR I didn't have balance issues proper, but was subject to trip; which I did only twice. I didn't have numbness in my feet, but did note diminished proprioception.

It took a long time to get used to the numbness in my left hand. It felt ... weird ... when gripping something. I finally attributed that to unevenly impaired sensory function across my hand; though I have no idea if that's correct. Perhaps the hard to describe sensation in your foot?

Good luck, Jeff
Hi Jeff!
Your description of impaired sensory function makes much sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what I'm dealing with. It's definitely not a dizzy kind of balance issue. What I do know, is that my legs are very fatigued when walking up stairs and just walking around in general for more than 10 minutes or so. There's a burning sensation in my legs when they get fatigued. I feel as if I need to sit down and rest my legs often.
Osteoarthritis SI Joints
DDD L2-L4