ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:15 AM
imported_pablocruise

I went to see my surgeon yesterday and I've got good news!!
He was so happy with my progress, post-op 16 weeks that he had me do a Floroscopy with front to back bending and side to side bending also. I got to watch it on the monitor and it was really cool!!
He told me that after 6 weeks of PT three times a week, he is going to re-evaluate and he'll see if he is going to release me to full duty!! Woohoo!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 01:34 PM

Great!!

Uh, full-duty doing what buddy? I watched a guy yesterday with a jack-hammer. His entire body/spine was terribly shuddering - real scary. But maybe this is new advice for ya. - Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:19 PM
imported_pablocruise

Hey Allan!! Maybe I can get away with out jackhammering at work. I can use a sledge hammer until my supervisor get's tired of waiting for the job to get done, then he can get someone to jackhammer for me. See that, I'm thinking like your typical city worker
I'm gonna take my full duty as a we'll see what happens situation.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:54 PM

"'I'm gonna take my full duty as a we'll see what happens situation."

Oh no...sure something can't be arranged in advance re: retraining, alternate jobs? Oh no...
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:04 PM

PC:

Contact ProDisc: Do a commercial.
"Pros Use ProDisc"

Video of you jackhammering.

Tag Line:
"ProDisc: tough enough to dig up city streets".

Then retire on the royalties. It'll be a LOT easier on your back. Make it last longer too.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:27 AM

Great idea. But alas, if you jackhammer and explode God forbid, there's a market on how to live a cheeful life living on a hospital bed. "The View From Here: How To Be Chipper Regardless" - pointers on how to make mobiles, what's hot on international satellite tv, sex education, etc.

A ticker trape parade in NYC awaits from all Biff's scenario and this.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:22 AM
imported_pablocruise

I guess I better get my Nintendo thumb callused up for the remote control!!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:51 AM

Yeah, protect your hands as a concert pianist would.