ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:22 PM

Today's update:

The insurance adjuster refuses to speak to me anymore because he says I'm attorney represented. He did give me names of doctors who he can send me to in NJ. First of all he conveniently misspelled all the names of the doctors.
One of the doctors I called does not agree with ADR and does not do it. The second doctor did his first Charite 14 days ago. I'm calling the other one but I'm sure he does only Charite if any at all. I think they are setting me up for failure here. I can't tell you how bad my stress level is today. Now I can't even call the Liberty Mutual adjuster anymore. What happens when I have problems with my prescriptions like I have had in the past? I can't call him anymore? Are they going to stop my pain meds now too? I'll be bedridden! This is all such BS!!!

I put another call into my lawyers office again. I missed the statute of limitations by 2 months to sue the third party trailer owner. I didn't know my company didn't own the truck. It wouldn't matter since my company is responsible for the safety & upkeep of the trailers.

If I pay for the surgery myself, how do I recoup my losses? This is THEIR fault! They should be the ones making me whole again. It seems I may have to go to court and I still may not get the surgery I want. For every pro-ADR doctor I have, they will have 10 pro-fusion doctors.

Can someone PLEASE send me any info on the European studies over the past 25 years. I have very little to take to court that would compel a judge to give me ADR. I'll even pay for the studies/journals at this point if anyone knows where to go for them.

God Bless all of you who fought for ADR and won. It really is an uphill climb and a lonely one at that. I feel like I'm taking on the whole world sometimes.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Oops, I think I just sent you a pm from the other spine forum to come over here tho apparently you're well aquainted with this forum.. my bad!!
Good luck Eddie~
Old 02-03-2006, 03:19 PM

Dr. Mathews is not in my "network" so they are sending me for an independant evaluation. The evaluators name is Dr. Vacarro and he's actually done about 20 Charite discs. I will have to go to him to get his opinion. I'm sure he will recommend ADR if he is doing the surgeries now anyway. I seem to be a perfect candidate. Anyone ever hear of Dr. Vacarro?
If I was to get a Charite, wouldn't I be better off going to Dr. Bitan in NY who's done thousands? My insurance is totally uninformed and does not use common sense. Why would they want me to be a guinea pig with a Charite Dr. who has done only 20?
If I can't get Dr.Mathews in Virginia I would like Dr.Gordon Donald from NJ. He is in NJ but "out of network".
What has to be done to get an "out of network" doctor?
How long do these court battles usually last?
My pain is getting worse and I hate being on drugs so time is no longer on my side.
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 02-03-2006, 04:36 PM

eddie_g
have you though about seeing james yue at yale medical in new haven ct?
hes a awesome surgeon and its not that far from jersey i'll be seeing him in march.
may your days be pain free
chuck
Old 03-23-2006, 09:39 AM

Hi Eddie, I picked this up to tell you about Connecticut exclusion to WC act, Exclusive Remedy when the injury occurs involving fellow employee negligence operating a motor vehicle. Reference Connecticut General Statue 31-293a. I have been told by all my attorneys that a trailer is not a motor vehicle. It is insured under motor vehicle coverage, it is licensed under MV, it is operated under MV, the police certainly treat it under the MV law and most of all, trailers are not in the statutory exclusions such as front end loaders and forklifts trucks. What do they say? If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck! This may be where the big bucks and big guns lie to leverage you some serious WC attention with a threat of civil litigation where you could also collect for pain and suffering and other goodies like attorney fees and treble damages. Go Eddie Go!
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 04-28-2006, 07:34 AM

I routinely do this type of case and a lot of expe dealing with Liberty if you wish you can contact me via private e-mail and I will help you through there process Linda Ie LMay4111@aol.com
Old 04-29-2006, 01:08 PM

Thanks Linda, It seems like I got the best doctor Liberty Mutual has to offer in Dr. Goldstein. The problem was that I'm from NJ and Dr. G is in NY. It took alot of squalkin between my companies head Doctor and Liberty Mutual's head honchos to get me a good surgeon. If I took what Liberty Mutual first offered me I would be some Dr's FIRST ADR patient. HA! It really pissed me off when some paper pushing kid is telling me "This is the only Dr. I will allow you to see" ALLOW me? These are the kind of people I want to hit with my cane. This is MY spine and MY life and some kid is going to tell me I have to be a guinea pig? I'm so glad I escalated it to a higher level and raised a stink!
I get my independant discogram May 15 and then me & Dr. G wait for the Prodisc to be approved. Like I said before I feel we may be weeks away from that all important FDA blessing.
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC